[Event Recap] [BASIC Event] Divesting from Guns: Understanding Portfolio Exposure Beyond Manufacturers
On June 7, 2018, BASIC-Boston and Boston’s Marjory Stoneman Douglas alumni chapter collaborated on an event hosted by Hemenway & Barnes. BASIC-Boston co-president Sarah Smith moderated a panel that included:
- Michelle Friedman - Executive Director of ESG Business Development at MSCI Inc.
- Eric Packer - Financial Advisor at Progressive Asset Management
- Lauren Compere - Director of Shareowner Engagement at Boston Common Asset Management
- Goodbye Gun Stocks screens your mutual funds for firearms manufacturers and retailers.
- Sustainalytics' report on companies' firearm exposure
- Guide to Personal Divestment and Reinvestment
- ICCR's investor statement on gun violence
- Green America’s consumer/retail investor letter (open until June 18)
- BlackRock's approach to engagement for passively held gun manufacturers
- MA Pension Divestment Bill